I love Benefit Cosmetics! So, when I saw this kit at the counter, I had to pick it up! I've seen this kit range from 15 to 20 dollars. I picked up mine at Macy's for $17. As shown above, this kit comes with three sample products: the Some-Kind-A-Gorgeous Foundation Faker, Hoola Bronzer, and Bad Gal Lash Mascara
Some- Kind- A- Gorgeous Foundation Faker
The full-sized product retails for thirty dollars. This comes in the medium shade.
-feels like you are wearing nothing
- I don't think it was Benefit's smartest move to include a face product in a kit. Everyone has different skin tones! It sucks that a pale girl or a darker skin girl would buy this kit and not be able to use this product just because this product does not match them.
- The finish is cakey and AWFUL!
- It is a very light coverage on the skin.
- don't like the packaging (unsanitary)
- TERRIBLE scent! It reminds me of those crayons you used to use when you were little. Luckily, I didn't notice the scent lingering on my skin while wearing this product throughout the day. However, a lot of other people said that they did.
- This product is so creamy and smooth that it almost works against it. It almost melts off of the skin in high temperatures.
- Lasting power is horrible! Give it two to three hours maximum and it will be gone.
- only thee colors to choose from
When I put this on, I immediately want to take it off because it looks so bad. I would not recommend this product to anyone!
Bad Gal Lash Mascara
The full size retails for 19 dollars. It comes in the regular formula.
- does a good job at volumizing lashes
- packaging is so cute!
- doesn't lengthen too much
- So much product gets gunked up at the top of the brush, causing a lot of smudges.
- the brush is so big! It's difficult for me to get product on my lashes nearest to my nose.
-it takes so many coats to see a result
Overall, I think this mascara is decent. Keep in mind that I already have long, curled lashes. Most mascaras that work well for me may not do anything for people with short, straight lashes. That happens to be the case with this mascara. However, I would not recommend this to anyone particularly because of the brush issue and the smudging.
The full sized product retails for 28 dollars.
- smooth texture
- buildable contour
-flattering on a variety of skin tones
- a little goes a long way
This is most definitely the star of the show!
Overall, I give this kit a 2 out of 5. The bronzer was my favorite part. The rest of it was bleh. I would not recommend this kit to anyone, especially because the Hoola bronzer comes with a lot of other Benefit kits.
If you've tried any of these products, let me know what you think of them! Thanks for reading :)