Friday, June 20, 2014

Let's Talk Trash! (Empties)

Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser


I don't have many great things to say about this. The only thing I liked about this was that it left my skin feeling clean and soft. I wasn't a big fan of it's orangey scent. It wasn't overpowering or anything, but I just wasn't a fan. As for the whole "morning burst" part of this, I feel like that whole claim is bull shit. When I first used this, I felt that it woke me up, barely. After a few more uses, my skin got used to it and I didn't feel anything. Overall, i'm just glad that I used this up. I will not be repurchasing this because I just didn't feel like it really did much for me. I also want to try something that is formulated for acne.


Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Strength Reconstructing Butter






















This was supposed to be a deep conditioner. Some of my better conditioners made my hair softer than this did! I think one of the reasons why I am giving this no praise is because the claims are so high! So, I expected it to be at least a little bit more moisturizing than it was. Clearly, I would not repurchase it. 


Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Conditioner



I absolutely loved this conditioner! This would be an example of a conditioner that made my hair much softer and silkier than the Garnier "deep conditioner" mentioned before this product. Also, I absolutely love the smell! It's one of my favorites!I got this product for $5.79 at Target. I will definitely be repurchasing it!

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash


When I was growing up, I used to use this product for many years. I remember not liking it that much. So many people raved about it. So, I thought I would give it another shot, maybe hoping that they changed the formula. Like always, it dried my skin out, it was too gentle for my liking, and it didn't seem to do anything for my acne. Another point is that it contains 2% of salicylic acid and I typically see better results from benzoyl peroxide. The orangey smell and color reminds me of Dial soap. I couldn't be happier to be finished with this product. I will obviously not be repurchasing.

Dove Winter Care Body Wash


I love how hydrating this was! A little bit of product would lather up so quickly on my skin. The scent is very clean. I actually would not repurchase this, only because I usually like to try out different body wash scents. However, I did enjoy it and would recommend other people to try it out!

St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub


Even though this says that it has 'blemish control', I feel like it didn't do much for my acne. It could have to do with the fact that this product has salicyllic acid, instead of benzoyl peroxide. However, I do really like this as an exfoliant. Keep in mind that the granules of apricot are pretty large, so this can be a little bit harsh on the skin. I personally love harsh exfoliants, but I know that some people may not.  It left my skin feeling so soft and clean. An added bonus to this product and to this line in general, is that all of the products are very inexpensive! I would usually use this once a week or whenever my skin was feeling crappy. This is probably my third or fourth bottle. I might repurchase it, but I am planning on trying out other things from this line of products, just so I can change it up a bit.

Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intensive Moisture Mask





Before I talk about this, I just want to apologize for tossing this out. I totally forgot that I was going to be making an empties post when I did. Anyways, I LOVED this! It did a great job at making my hair really soft and luxurious. It smells amazing too! I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a great and inexpensive hair mask.


Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment