Friday, July 4, 2014

Restoring My Hair Back To Health (My Hair Care Routine)

First and foremost, my hair is dark brown, thin, and naturally wavy. It is not chemically treated or dyed; it's all natural! I would like to grow out my hair. About two months ago, I started having severe hair breakage. My hair also became much more brittle and dry, started thinning out, and was much more fragile. So, I started researching what to do about it and I eventually found a lot of answers. These products are made to combat hair breakage and replenish your hair. I'm currently just trying to restore my hair back to health and nourish my hair. These products are really helping me out and I thought I would tell you guys about them. If you are having similar hair issues, I am sure that these products will really help you out!

First thing's first, I started using a different shampoo and conditioner!

                                          

I have nothing but great things to say about this! You definitely start seeing a difference, even after the first use. By the fifth use, I had about 95% less hair breakage! I usually massage the shampoo onto and all over my scalp for a good two minutes or so. I try to put the conditioner onto my strands. I would highly recommend it to anyone suffering with hair breakage. Thank you, L'Oreal, for being my lifesaver!


After I get out of the shower, there are a few options that I have here, depending on the condition that my hair is in.


A. If my hair feels pretty good and managed, I will wait until my hair is damp. Then, I spritz my DIY hair detangler onto my hair and gently comb through any knots.



B. If I feel like my hair is dry after my shower, I will put some leave-in conditioner in my hair.


 This stuff is great for conditioning your hair! I would suggest putting only a little bit of this in your hair because it can easily weigh your hair down. A bonus for me is that it is made to mend hair breakage. So, I will usually apply this in my roots only in the back of my hair, since that is where I usually have the most breakage. This tub is only $5 at Target and it will last you FOREVER!

C. If my hair is feeling frizzy, I will usually use this product in the middle of my hair.


This stuff does its job pretty well and I love it! Unfortunately, this is discontinued :( Here are some other great, drugstore frizz serums that work just as well! I have heard that the Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz Serum and the Dove Hair Therapy Anti-Frizz Serum both work wonders!

In addition, I will use this on my ends, if I am using my Sunsilk Frizz Creme.



This product claims to get rid of split ends and reduces frizz for soft and smooth ends. At first, it worked for me and thought it was going to be a holy grail product. After a while, I guess my hair got used to it and it just stopped working. At this point, i'm just using this product so that I could finish it and get rid of it. It's not a product that I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Give it a try! See if you like it, but I personally will not be repurchasing.


Moving on to deep conditioning, you're probably not going to be very surprised about this!




The instructions say to leave the Deep Repair Masque on in the shower for seven minutes. I usually shampoo my hair and then leave the hair mask on overnight. I get the best results when I mix it with the Healing Oil Treatment; the oil is too heavy to be used by itself anyway, so this usually works out nicely.Trust me, there is a reason why there is so much hype around this hair mask! I always wake up with the softest, healthiest-looking hair! Even the ends of my hair look and feel so much healthier after I apply this and that is a lot for me! I'm not one to splurge on expensive hair products, but this product is so worth the exception. For all of my fellow drugstore lovers, I will be looking for a good dupe for you guys! If you know of one, let me know in the comments below! I would be glad to compare the two for you.

One of the main causes of my hair breakage was that I was shampooing my hair every. single. day. Now, I try to take showers 2-3 times a week, so that I don't strip my natural oils. If I am ever looking a little bit oily, this dry shampoo helps me out a lot.


I usually just spray this in about six inches away from my scalp. Then, I rub it into my scalp, until there is no white residue. It works pretty well at soaking up the oils on the scalp, as nasty as that sounds. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good dry shampoo. Check out Marshall's for a bottle that is a few dollars cheaper than at other places!

Lastly, I would like to mention that I take Biotin daily.



This vitamin helps with all things hair: growing hair out, hair loss, and improving the quality of hair! Keep in mind that these pills will only work wonders if you take them for at least a few months. I have definitely seen changes in my hair length, after taking these pills consistently. I would recommend this to anyone looking to grow their hair out!

Thanks for sticking with me throughout this long blog post!            Happy Fourth of July to All! <3

1 comment:

  1. These all look really cool. I would also totally recommend Garnier Fructis' Marvelous Oil Frizz Defy - you can put it on wet or dry hair, leave it in overnight, anything you want. I have medium hair texture - not too thick or thin, pretty straight with a slight wave, but it gets frizzy really easily after I shower. This isn't a miracle product or anything, but I notice that if I apply it when my hair is damp, almost dry, it really makes it smooth and shiny. It hasn't been working as well lately though, so maybe it just stopped working in my hair. Not sure, haha. anyway, just a suggestion if you're looking for something else!

    ReplyDelete